Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Free Food!

Have you ever noticed that if there's free food, you HAVE to have some?  (Or is that just me?)

For instance:  I just went out and bought a giant vegetable udon soup* for lunch.  It's still too hot to eat, so I've only nibbled so far.  I'm about to dive in, when word comes around that there are extra platters of sandwiches, salads, and cookies in the kitchen (from a meeting).  I resist the mad stampede to the kitchen (thereby missing out on all the free dessert), but even though I have lunch ready... I CAN'T RESIST THE CALL OF FREE FOOD!!  So now, in addition to my udon soup, I'm having pickles, coleslaw, and olives (since obviously the salt in my soup wasn't enough).  Not so sure this goes together, but that has never stopped me before!

*I think maybe the soup guy liked my  new hair cut**, he gave me 5 times the normal amount of these kinda gross fish cakes in my soup (I used to think they were hard boiled eggs mysteriously missing the yolk and died pink).

**How do you know if you have a mullet?

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! The draw of free food overpowers the fact that I probably JUST ate my lunch but all of a sudden I'm "hungry" again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you make me laugh. I seriously doubt you have a mullet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts