Thursday, February 17, 2011

Eatily!

I was supposed to go to Eatily today for dinner with a friend.  I haven't been yet, I can't wait to go!  But things came up, and we changed our plans to lunch at Le Pain Quotidien.  I had some delicious vegetable quiche that claimed to have less than 400 calories (I don't believe it!) and tasted some bread spread with ricotta, figs, and honey.  MMMM!!!  I'm sad that i didn't get to check out the smorgasboard that is Eatily, but that's ok, because WE BOOKED A TRIP TO ITALY TODAY!!  (The real thing, not the restaurant!)  GIVE ME ITALY TIPS!!  What do I HAVE to see?  What do I HAVE to eat?


I'm so excited!!!  We're not going until May, but that gives us pleeeenty of time to plan!  I've never been, so I'll pretty much be happy with whatever we see, though we have a history of action packed travel agendas.  We'll see!

To celebrate (and to mourn the train home that I missed by 1 minute), I enjoyed a take-out frozen margarita on the train ride home, yippee!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo Italy!!!! Where are you going in Italy? Then I'll give you some of my must sees :-) I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I see on your map Rome, lol. Are you just going to Rome? I double heart Rome! Just sitting in a piazza at night drinking a glass of wine is heaven! My favorite was Piazza Navona. The Sistine Chapel is a must. We were able to skip all the lines in our toup group but if you want to do this, go early in the morning before the crowds get crazy. You may be able to book an appointment too. I'm not sure since all this was taken care of by the tour group. In May, it might not be as hot as it was in July but if it is ridiculously hot, I suggest planning all your excursions in the morning or evening. Rome is magical at night and one of my favorite nights was when we walked around visiting People's Square, the Spanish Steps and the Trevi fountain. I LOVED walking around Rome at night. Of course you must see the Colosseum too! It's awe inspiring when you see it in person.

    For food: There is a gelato place right near they Pantheon that is amazing. I can't remember the name but it's in one of the little alleys right near the Pantheon. You MUST go eat at La Carbonara on Campo de Fiori. BEST meal I have ever had!!!

    Here's my LJ post on Rome if you want to read it. You are going to have a blast!
    http://janellez80.livejournal.com/49436.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're flying into Rome and planning to go to Florence, but that's as far as we've gotten so far! Possibly trekking up to Venice or down to Pompeii, but I don't want to feel rushed. Thanks for the Rome advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Florence and I wasn't impressed but I know other people love it. Next time I want to go to Umbria instead because our tour guide said it's what Florence used to be before the tourists invaded, lol. If you go to Venice, a great day or afternoon trip is to take a boat to Burano. We had another fabulous meal there :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts