Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chocolate!

Maaaan oh man do I love chocolate.

Especially dark chocolate.  On it's own it's wonderful... but it's even better if it's got just the right amount of a special flavor... orange, mint, ginger... you name it, I probably love it.  Even slightly spicy... like mexican hot chocolate... If you've never tried it, you should! I've even tried (and liked) bacon flavored chocolate! (though the toffee is better)

My coworker suprised me the other day with a couple of these:

Li-Lac's Glacé Ginger
"Candied ginger coated in dark chocolate. A spicy and delicious treat."

They're AMAZING.  The ginger inside of them is cooked and candied, so the stringy and bitter aspect of the ginger is gone, and only the burny deliciousness remains... soft and encased in dark chocolate.  Now that I've tasted it, I'm going to want more!  I think I'll try this kind next; I've seen it in stores so it will be much easier for me to get my hands on:

Chocolove Crystallized Ginger in Dark Chocolate Bar
"65% Rich Dark chocolate gives way to moist chunks of crystallized ginger. Surprisingly stimulating."

And while googling, I even found recipes to make candied ginger myself!  Which I can then cover it in chocolate!  I'm putting that on my list of things to make sooner rather than later, fo sho.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE trying out different flavors of chocolate! I think my favorite odd flavor has been Lavender Chocolate...mmmm mmmm... there used to be a high end craft show in MA that always had a vendor selling unique gourmet handmade chocolates, so much fun to sample! If you find some recipes you like, do share!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts