Thursday, January 21, 2010

hungry hungry hippo

I find myself chanting "hungry, hungry hipp-Oh!" quite often. Hungry Hungry Hippo used to be one of my favorite games when i was little. Surprising? No way, it involved eating! Granted it wasn't me eating, but still, i was controlling the eating, without bustin' out of my kid pants. (Another favorite - ready, set, spaghetti!)

I wonder how many kids have tried eating the hippos' white marbles? I'm proud to say I don't think i ever did. But i'm pretty hungry right now, maybe i'd try one. Or maybe i'd be more fun to play the game with yogurt covered raisins or after dinner mints instead? Faux-healthy snacks, made into a game with multi-colored hippos! Even better!

Oooohh! Inspiration! Cheese-ball eating hungry hungry hippos! But holy cow (or holy hippo?) that would leave quite a mess to clean up. Licking the game platform? Probably not acceptable.

PS - that reminds me of something i wrote a long time ago...

Oh delicious round orb of orange, from what planet cometh thee? I don't really care, as long as you're here for me to eat. So what if you look like you're made out of toxic chemicals? So what if you taste like you definitely could be made out of toxic chemicals? If I someday find that I'm dying due to cheeto-induced radiation, it just might have been worth it.

Is it the cheese? The salt? The color that makes you so addictive? You smell a little bit like feet, but my craving seems to defy all common sense and eats you anyway... I don't eat other items that smell like feet! But the feeling you give my tounge is near orgasmic. Who needs vegetables? Can I count you as a vegetable? You're the same color as a carrot... and one of your main ingredients is vegetable oil...

I've proved many times that I cannot buy a package of cheese balls and eat just one serving... my will is not strong enough. But I'm glad that there is someone out there, be they man, machine, or alien, that can do it for me. Thank you 100-calorie-pack-maker-man!

PS - Once upon a time, many years ago, I tried smoking a certain weed. Many people claim that this causes them to crave orange things, and I now support this theory. I cried that night... because the super market was out of cheese balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts