Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mmm, snow!

I've been up since 6, and i'm only just getting to breakfast! As someone who used to eat cookies before she even got in the shower, this is mind boggling to me. For the past few months i've been taking some early morning meds that require me to wait 30 minutes before eating... by which time i've begun my commute. I feel bad eating on the train, so the 30 minute wait turns into an hour and 15... and then i don't want to eat while i'm walking as fast as i can through the streets of manhattan, so add another 20 minutes... plus however long it takes me to get settled in at the office. All in all, it took 3 hours and 45 minutes for me to settle down to breakfast today! I'm both proud and mortified, think of all those neglected cookies i could have eaten in that amount of time.

Word on the street is that if you don't eat within the first hour you're awake, your body goes into "starvation mode" and you have super slow metabolism for the rest of the day. Maybe THAT's why my pants don't fit! It's not the cookies, it's the medicine/commute combo!

Today I ate snowflakes on my walk to work, the snow was so crazy that all i had to do was open my mouth, but i did catch myself unconsciously sticking my tongue out a few times... i wonder if anyone saw? haha

PS - According to the Blogger timestamp i live in California... which makes it sound like i only had to wait 45 minutes to eat... and this is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts