Tuesday, June 7, 2011

NY Pizza is so overrated

I just had some really crappy pizza for lunch. In general, I don't like pizza. I've been told many, many times, that this is unbelievable... but it's true! I have a texture problem with the gunky mozarella, and pouffy bland crusts.  I ate it today because it was free, and as I've discussed before, free food has a strange power over me.

However, I overcame my pizza bias and ate lots of pizza in Italy... and loved most of it! The super thin crust kind, mmmm. In Siena we sat at a touristy restaurant on the plaza, eating bacon pizza, which was basically pizza with cheese, onions, and bacon melted on it. Yes, the bacon melted.  Amazing.

Mmmm, pizza and beer. And salami and cheese and bruschetta, because why not?
We were sitting next to this!
il campo

we tried to take a self portrait

we almost succeeded...
And here are some other pictures from the same day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts