Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wrong side of the bed!

Things are not going my way this morning! 
  • I overslept
  • husband used all the hot water (he was sleepy too and zombie showered I guess)
  • I missed the late train, and had to wait for the REALLY late train
  • I stood in a very long line for iced coffee while I waited, only to receive really crappy iced coffee which I'm pretty sure contained sour milk, but I was out of time to request a new one...
  • skinny girl stood next to me on train platform, made me feel fat
  • got middle seat on train (normally fine) but couldn't figure out how to balance coffee and book... made a fool of myself trying to put coffee on floor by sticking my face in neighboring gentlemen's lap
  • in nyc got 2nd iced coffee at fancy coffee place, I ruined it by putting wrong ratio of milk/sugar
  • regretted not buying delicious looking pastries while lamenting over 2nd coffee failure
  • muggy and uncomfortable out, hair looks awful, skin shiny
  • it started raining before I made it to the office, the kind where an umbrella is useless (I always get lucky and miss the rain when I arrive on time... observation: in NYC it never seems to rain between 7:30 and 8:30 am, but rains quite often at 9 am and later)
  • Starving upon arrival at the office (since I didn't buy delicious pastries and coffee wasn't drinkable) I unpacked my lunch/snacks and realized I brought a rotten banana, squished strawberries, grapes, AND raspberries.  And no chocolate bars.
When I recounted these events to myself, I laughed, and *pouf*, bad mood gone!

PS - I know I said I was giving up coffee, but I'm not quite there yet. 

PPS - I gave in and bought expensive "local" strawberries last night, so cute and tiny and DELICIOUS!  Also, I suceeded in growing a strawberry!  Just one, but a strawberry nonetheless!

PPPS - Has anyone ever eaten a mulberry?  I think I have a mulberry tree, but I'm not 100% sure.  Berries all over the driveway.  I could eat them, but they might be poison, how can I tell?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! So sorry you're having a bad day....the good news is, you're one minute closer to getting back home and starting over again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts