Monday, January 24, 2011

Blow, blow, blow your snow?

When we bought a house, we knew that there would be a lot of homeowner maintenance, but we didn't realized that would mean we could quit the gym (technically I quit several months ago, but lately I don't feel too guilty about it). Shoveling! Grrr! I have one of those "back saver" shovels, but it's all a lie. They don't save anything if you have to lift the snow 4 or 5 feet in the air to the top of the piles of snow lining the driveway! My waist is getting nice and trim though, all that twisting to launch the snow up and over the pile. Only one side of my waist though... I can't turn left! (haha, actually I can't turn right, left I can do).

Latest rumor is there's another snowstorm heading our way... so we decided yesterday we should consider getting a snow blower. We live in an area that usually only gets a few inches at a time, close to the salt water stays warmer and there's all that salt in the air... so nobody has a snow blower... in a normal year that would just be silly! But so far this year we've had several feet! 18", 6", 14", 4", 5"... it all adds up! With this latest storm I've even heard "feet" rolled into possible storm scenarios. So husband and I were thinking...

You know how if you bring an umbrella it doesn't rain, but if you forget the umbrella it pours?

How much would YOU pay to make it stop snowing? Does that amount happen to equal the price of a snow blower???

We decided that yes, we would buy a snow blower if it meant no more snow. But apparently everyone else in New England came to the same conclusion a week earlier than us... there are none to be had! They're sold out everywhere!

Anyone want to come shovel my driveway this week? I'll pay you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts