Monday, January 10, 2011

Birthday Presents!

It's not even my birthday yet, but so far I've gotten the best presents possible! I found out this morning that I passed my professional engineering exam, woohooo! And Husband got me this awesome kitchen aid stand mixer for my birthday! It's so pretty!



So, what's the first thing you have to do when you get a stand mixer?

Whip!

I didn't have any cream, so I whipped egg whites and made my first ever meringue cookies! I screwed up the recipe (added a 1/2 cup of cocoa instead of a 1/4 cup... woops!) but I corrected for it (added enough water to make it moist...) and they turned out reasonably delicious, and super duper chocolatey. Here's a picture!



But then what do you do with all those leftover egg yolks? I searched and searched... and settled on another first: homemade pasta! Again, I screwed up the recipe. I reversed the order of dry/wet, and got a whole lot of dry mess! I again added a little extra water to hold it together, and gave myself the ab workout of a lifetime trying to roll out the pasta dough. But it might have worked! I haven't had a chance to make dinner yet since I made the pasta, so I have no verdict on my rescue efforts. Maybe we'll find out tonight!

I'm pretty sure this is not what pasta dough is supposed to look like...









...but maybe it worked anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts