Monday, January 24, 2011

Turkey Sandwich for Breakfast!

I made bread on sunday night! I love my mixer! I more or less followed this recipe from the book that came with ol' red, and made them into a variety of sandwich shapes. I didn't know how much they would rise, they turned out pretty enormous!

So... I made a giant turkey sandwich on homemade bread for lunch. Yay! When I got to work, it looked so much better than my yogurt that I ate half for breakfast! I'm eating the other half now... haaaaaalf a sandwich! (sung as only the best-roomate-ever-other-than-your-husband can sing it, tune of hallelujah choir). They're so much better in halfs!

And beyond the bread, my sandwich gets even better! Fresh fixins from Costco! I bought 12 tomatoes. Giant ones. I really only wanted 3 or 4, but hey, it's Costco. Also, a bajillion pounds of lunchmeat and cheese! Freezer is stocked, and now we don't have to wait in the line at the stop&shop deli! Yaaay! One hour of costco-suffering may have saved us hours of stop&shop suffering. Or maybe not... that's the tricky thing about costco... you're never sure if it was worth it.

Now that we're homeowners with storage space, we often ask ourselves: Should we man up and pay the membership fee at Costco? And so far, our answer keeps being "eh...", ie, indecisive. So this past weekend, I convinced Husband to accompany me to Costco under Mom's supervision and membership, this time through the eyes of potential members for the first time. Our theory was, it can't hurt (and if it so happens that they have snow blowers, bonus! Alas, they did not).

What a zoo! I'm so proud of Husband for not losing his temper while we were there, I know I came very, very close! Especially when I picked up the package of a bajillion individually frozen chicken breasts and got chicken juice all over me! Ewwww! And no purel or napkins or anything of the sort in sight! (Don't worry, I still bought the chicken, what a deal! Though obviously a different package...)

What's with the men buying weird things? We saw a man with a cart full of nothing but mountains of Coca Cola! And another buying trays and trays of Lysol wipes (where was he when I was covered in chicken juice??), and yet another with several BAGS of avocados! (aguacate! my second favorite spanish word!)

$260 later, no cookies, covered in chicken goo, and full of questions about what that man would do with all those avocados, we loaded up the car and headed home. How did we spend that much and not even come out with a package of cookies??!??!!! The jury's still out on whether or not we'll join... but we've at least postponed the decision until we run out of granola bars, which will be several months from now judging by the size of the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts