Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grocery Store vs Those Other Stores

Somebody's lunch smells delicious! Unfortunately, it isn't mine. I've got a boring, healthy lunch, with the hopes that it will help me fit into my pants a little better. On the plus side, i finally finished those gross "greek" yogurts, and restocked on non-gross greek yogurts at the grocery store last night.

I love the grocery store. It's one of my favorite places to go! It's much more fun than regular shopping, since i don't have to worry about whether the food will fit in my mouth (as opposed to over my thighs), of COURSE it will!

Aisles and aisles of possibilities... most of them delicious. Also, in the grocery store, i feel like i'm rich. I'm not, i'm a normal person, but if i wanted to, i could buy anything in the grocery store. Not EVERYTHING, but ANYTHING. Not that i would, but that i could if i found something i just had to have! I don't feel that way when i go regular shopping, i'm a sale rack shopper. I cringe if an item of clothing is over $10. But in the supermarket, hardly anything is over $10! And if it is, it feels like a tremendous splurge, how's that for bargain endulgences? $10 fancy olive oil, $1000 fancy jacket... easy decision.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely aisles and aisles of possibility. I think other than retail therapy, which can be so harmful to my wallet, grocery shopping is my second pick-me-up, which can be so harmful to my expanding belly!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts