Monday, March 15, 2010

Coffee Love

I think the coffee boy has a crush on me.

I don't drink coffee very often (only when i feel like i won't make it until lunch time) but apparently that's been happening a little too often lately. I've never observed the coffee boy to be particularly social, but this morning when i walked in later than usual (wasted 90 minutes upstairs trying to convince myself that i didn't need coffee) he said "oh, hey!" and had memorized my order! And then he gave me a special cardboard cup colder advertising nurse jackie (you know, so you don't burn your hands) before going over to get more milk out of the refrigerator. All the while, continuing to look at me and smile. Which was awkward, since there was a tower of super processed packaged pastries in the way.

It made me smile. Too bad he's not the register boy, then maybe i could get free coffee...

Don't worry husband, all you have to do is learn how to make coffee and i'll stick with you. (Just kidding! I love you! You made me brownies!)

2 comments:

  1. 1. excellent jacket re-creation!

    2. must use half-and-half, not milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice jacket :) maybe the barista will make the move to register boy one of these days- keep smiling at him & it'll all pay off!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts