Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I'm Eating!

The most common question I get these days is "what are you eating??"

ALL THE FOOD!

I'm eating almost normally!  I'm kind of binge-ing on junk (can of frosting and a spoon anyone?) because a.) I can, b.) I needed to gain weight and c.) I can... but I'm trying to reign it so that I don't get diabetes now that I'm "healthy", hah.  Also, I don't want to go back to being pudgy just yet.

The first week or two I was eating really soft (pudding, yogurt) or highly processed foods (saltines, instant potatoes) because I was so terrified of getting a blockage.  I was really crampy though, so I took out gluten again just in case that was contributing to the general inflammation.

Now that I'm feeling a lot better and gaining confidence in my ability to process food and not get an obstruction (knock on wood), I've been a lot braver and I'm now eating almost everything in moderation, but still sticking to gluten free for another week or two before I test it... and I'm still eating waaaaaay too many cookies and candies and chocolates and sugary foods in general.  Chocolate, how I missed thee!  I've been consistently trying to eat fewer cookies each day, this week and failing miserably - that habit sure came back easily!

I've already regained 10+ pounds! I'm up to 120, hooray!  Now to start gaining some muscle... I tried jogging for a minute the other day while out walking with one of the kids in the stroller, and oh my god the jiggle butt/thigh is a very strange feeling.  I need to fix that ASAP!  On the other hand I think I must look decent despite the jiggle, I got several hello's and head nods and even a honk from an orange sports car.  If you need an ego boost put on some leggings and walk through my neighborhood, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts