Thursday, July 2, 2015

Bag O' Poop

I can't get away from it.

There's a bag of poop attached to me... always.

I'm not grossed out or embarrassed by the ileostomy itself... but there's the poop!

I feel so dirty!!!

No, I don't smell bad.  Thankfully, science has come a long way and that's not an issue.

But it's there... following me around... I don't know if I can get used to this!

In the hospital they start you out with a clear ostomy bag, so that they can see everything, assess swelling and production and tell if everything is in working order easily.  It was also helpful to have a clear bag so that I could learn what was going on, and how to deal with it.

I recently switched to an opaque bag, and it has helped me a lot - at least now I can't SEE the poop all the time... It's still there, but out of sight out of mind to some degree, right?

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what it feels like, but at least you know that should you *want* to be done with it, eventually you can. A light at the end of the tunnel so to speak...in the meantime at least it doesn't smell!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts