Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Green Things!

My yard is turning green!  Not necessarily in all the right places, but some of it is green, and that's better than none!  It seems that very little of it is actually grass, but who cares as long as it's mostly green?  We thought we had some clumps of super duper grass celebrating "yay spring!" but upon closer inspection, it's not grass.  Here's what it looks like:


Can you tell what it is?  CHIVES!  I have a yard full of chives!  And so do the neighbors!  When we mow the lawn will it be oddly onion scented?  How did they get there???   Did Earl (the rabbit living in our backyard) do it?  Or maybe the wild parrots (also in the backyard, and yes, I said parrots, they're green!)?

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little jealous. I can never find chives at the store when I need them, and I killed them when I tried to grow them. Having them in my yard would be so much more convenient, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, it's all temptation and no satisfaction! I don't know if I can eat them, I haven't had my soil tested for lead yet, and I have reason to suspect it might be and issue :(
    But maybe a little nibble here and a little nibble there wouldn't hurt... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some rhubarb and green onions you can plant in your yard..... :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts