Monday, March 21, 2011

Dandelion Slayer

Believe it or not, we only went to the hardware store once this past weekend!  We went for a bunch of things, but my most important purchase was one of these:


Giant Garden Fondue Fork

A weed-ripper-outer!  I'm pretty sure the sellers just mowed over all of the dandelions last year, so this is what my yard looked like before:


I even found one that already had 3 seed heads about to open,
they'd been yellow and I missed it!

And this is what it looked like after:

Those are piles of DIRT.  Stop thinking otherwise.

Maybe the snow this morning covered this mess up and made it look a little better?  If not, at least they blend in with the rabbit holes...  Actually, as I was digging out a particularly stubborn patch of dandelions next to/over one of the rabbit holes, I was suddenly overcome by the fear that it would turn out not to be a rabbit hole, and that a skunk or opossum would come out and bite me and give me rabies!  Luckily, that didn't happen.  (My foot did slip down inside though!  EEEeeek!)

After I finished making the front yard look like a battle zone, I looked at the backyard and did nothing but sigh.  Then I went outside and set up "repotting" camp for four of my houseplants in the driveway, and I came back inside with eleven potted plants!  They're reproducing like bunny rabbits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts