Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Reality Check

Sooo... I still can't eat whatever I want :(

4 (!!) years ago, I stopped eating gluten to see if a weird abdominal pain I was experiencing would go away... and it did.  Every time I tried eating bread or pasta again, it came back.  I was hopeful that without a large intestine, I could go back to eating normal people food without pain... but the pain has returned.  If I eat gluten occasionally I think I can handle it, but if I eat it several days in a row, I become super uncomfortable.  Last night was AWFUL!  It kept me awake!

So what does my "gluten pain" (as I refer to it) feel like?  Oddly, a bladder infection.  It's a weird bloated/achy/pressure feeling in the vicinity of my bladder, which I've read might actually be my rectum.  When I first started noticing the pain back in 2009, I thought it was my bladder at first, but I noticed that when I peed I didn't feel better... but after a bowel movement the pain went a way.  Sorry if that's too much information, but that's how it is around here.  Now that I temporarily don't poop... I didn't know what to do for pain relief last night!  I still don't know... but luckily it's backed off, now it's just a dull ache.  Last night it hurt to sit or move at all!  I guess that's what I get for enjoying a weekend full of hot dogs, cookies, pasta, cake, fried fish, and beer.  That's enough to make anybody's stomach hurt, right? haha

So... back to gluten free... 95% of the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts