Thursday, January 15, 2015

I'm the Anti-Popeye

Looks like I won't be sprouting giant muscles anytime I pop open and chug a can of Spinach... I've had a bad 36 hours after trying to introduce spinach into my diet.  Bummer!  I was so looking forward to eating a non-orange vegetable!  I won't miss that weird gritty tooth feeling I get after eating spinach (I also get it from donuts... strange?), but I really appreciated the flavor contrast it provided to my current menu options.

So, after a day of stomach pain and a night of no sleep (and 2 sick and whiny children, one of whom spent the night in my bed thrashing and head-butting me), I'm feeling pretty dejected this morning.

I was very excited to introduce homemade yogurt today, but I think I'd better wait a day for my insides to recover.

So sad.

Foods tried and failed so far
  • Pears
  • Spinach
  • Grape Juice (suspected it was causing too much gas, so removed from diet)
  • Multi-Vitamin (was feeling a little wonky, so removed from diet again after reintroducing)
Foods I'm considering "successfully" re-introduced
  • Acorn Squash
  • Butternut Squash
  • Ginger
  • Lemon (I think, I've just been squeezing some juice to my water)
  • Thyme
  • Honey
  • Coconut Oil
Notice... only 2 of those in the 2nd list are actual foods.  UGH.

I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts