Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Christmas Day Menu!

Again, I'm a month late with this post... but so what!  The food within will be delicious any  month of the year!

My mom, sister and I all loooooooove to cook.  And we as a family (including our men) looooove to eat!  So we planned and planned, and came up with the perfect christmas menu!  Every effort was made to accomodate our added dietary restraints this year, no wheat for me, and no salt for dad.  In the spirit of Christmas Dad and I both made a few exceptions... and all in all it was a fantastic menu!

Breakfast
  • Crockpot overnight oatmeal - ammaaaaaazing!!  We tweaked the recipe slightly, using cranberries and raisins instead of the other dried fruits, and added maple syrup, walnuts, bananas and milk as mix-ins upon serving. Also, I ate this for like a week, it makes a ton of oatmeal.
  • Sausage and Egg Quiche - mom made her own no salt sausage!
Snacks
  •  Variety of cheeses and crackers
Starters
Dinner
  • Filet Mignon
  • Mahi-Mahi
  • Braised Celery - tasted surprisingly like stuffing
  • Mashed root vegetables (sweet potato, potato, and turnip)
  • Peppercorn gravy
Dessert
  • Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pecan Pie - Really easy!!  (but I wasn't very happy with my first attempt at pecan pie... it was totally ruined by the gluten free store-bought crust, making my own next time!
  • Variety of cookies!  (went to a cookie exchange party!)

Yaaaay Christmas tree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts