Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mmm, Chemicals!

What is it that makes blue box mac and cheese soooooo delicious?  (Chemicals!  Boooo!) 

In honor of giving my mother in law a "real" american meal that I loooooved as a child, I went all out last night, not only did we have mac and cheese from the box, but we put hot dogs in it too, kiddie style.  Delicious! Only thing missing was a little ketchup, but I thought that was taking things too far.  And ok, i'll admit it... the adult in me came through, I mixed in some (lots of) broccoli to cut the guilt, and only put 1/4 of the recommended amount of butter (seriously? 1/2 stick of butter per box?  And does anybody really only prepare 1 box at a time?)

It may look gross, but you just need to look at our eyes to tell it was delicious.

PS - Don't fear, this is not the only american food I've exposed my mother-in-law too.  We've also had lots of hamburgers and grilled vegetables, chili, sandwiches, salads, lasagna made with no cook noodles and sauce from a jar, and a variety of other "short cut" or "improvised from the pantry" recipes.  But we forgot to have meatloaf or taco salad!  Oh no!  MMmmmm, taco salad... is it too early to start thinking about lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts