Thursday, November 14, 2013

Baby Sandwiches... Bocaditos?


I give my 1 year old sandwiches. 

Am I a bad mom?

It's not that I'm lazy... it's just that she want's whatever we're having, and she wants to be the boss of her own food.  We were at the point where she wouldn't eat her own food, but then 30 minutes later she'd be standing on her tippy toes, eating my ham and cheese sandwich right out of my hand!


Enter the mini sandwich.
I slice a piece of bread in half the hard way - making 2 really thin slices. Then I cut it into a few smaller pieces.  So far she's had peanut butter and jelly and turkey and cheese.  Peanut butter and jelly sticks together, but also sticks all over her... whereas turkey and cheese is an open invitation to play with her food, she dismantles it and eats the pieces she wants, then throws the rest on the floor or tries to feed it to us!  Today we added in thinly sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, just to add to the variety of food thrown on the floor.

The hardest part about the whole thing... is not eating her mini sandwich myself.  Those little bite size pieces are so tempting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts