Friday, July 27, 2012

New fun!

 So my hobbies have turned more towards things that allow me to sit on the couch these days... and I was starting to get bored with baby blankets (all my friends are having babies too).  But when I was at the store buying more yarn the other day, I picked up a little book of animal patterns... this was so much fun to make!

It's supposed to be an elephant... but as husband says, it's a pig with big ears who told too many lies.
I gave him a silly face :)
 It was really easy to make all the pieces... not so easy to put them all together.  He's a little lopsided, because I ad-libbed (as usual) when I didn't have the right hook size for the pattern, and then ran out of one of the yarns.  Also, turns out I can't count and follow a pattern very reliably, so he's a little fatter than intended, and so are his legs.  And I purposely made his ears bigger, because he looked like a mouse with the recommended size!  All in all, he's got a lot wrong with him, haha, but it just adds to his character.  He's a great little elephant, I can't wait to give him to a deserving little kid!  And I can't wait to experiment with some more crocheted stuffed animals :)

In case you're interested, the pattern that I botched up came from this book.  Other amazon users have uploaded photos of their elephants... look much more like elephants than mine, haha.  But it's my first time!

1 comment:

Popular Posts